It starts with you.
The Green Power Program
The easiest, most convenient way to help bring renewable energy to your co-op.
For as little as $2.50 per month, help fund PCEA's development of renewable energy sources in Iowa. Or you can give a one-time donation.
PCEA delivers power with a mix of renewable energy and by becoming a Green Power partner, you help us increase that mix and lead to a cleaner world for future generations. PCEA uses your contributions to purchase additional renewable energy.
- Make a one-time donation.
- Donate to the Green Power Fund. Members may contribute in increments as small as $2.50 on a monthly or one-time basis. Funds are then used toward the development of alternative energy sources within the state of Iowa.
- Add a Green Power Purchase to your bill every month. You can purchase a 100 kWh Green Power bundle for $2.00 each. The co-op will then make additional purchases from alternative energy sources to add to the overall energy portfolio.
Otherwise known as distributed generation, members can investing in small-scale renewable energy generation for your home. The co-op will partner with you to make sure the system meets your expectations and needs.
When a member connects a small-scale renewable energy system to the co-op's electric grid, this is called interconnection. Here are resources to get you started:
- Full Interconnection Packet
- Overview of the Interconnection Process
- Interconnection Frequently Asked Questions
- Interconnection Agreement
- Pella Cooperative Electric's Tariff - Section 25
Renewable Energy Resources
Solar technology continues to grow within the state of Iowa and the Iowa Energy Center (IEC) has responded to many questions regarding this resource with the Solar Energy Guide.
Wind turbines seem to be the most sought after small-scale renewable energy production in Iowa. For that reason, the co-op has put together these resources to help members understand more about wind generation.